Joke language list
This is a list of esoteric languages that are not of any interest except for potential humor value. Generally speaking, they are completely unusable for programming even in theory, trivial and less interesting variations on existing esoteric languages, or too underspecified to determine any potential usability.
For esoteric languages that are potentially interesting in some way, or that are actually capable of running programs and producing a useful output, see the normal list of esoteric languages.
Like for that other list, items here will eventually be removed if they don't link to a page on this wiki.
- Babbage is a language almost entirely unlike Ada.
- Bitxtreme can only address two bits of memory.
- Cheese++ is based on cheese. It is a Cheese+ derivative.
- Compute can solve any problem and process any kind of data.
- CPL allows nearly all types of comment syntaxes, but nothing else.
- CRalphabet takes varying numbers of '\n' as commands.
- CurSorn2 works in somewhat undefined and random ways.
- Deadfish is a very odd language, that has an output stream but not an input one.
- Deadfish~ is a super-set of Deadfish, only it does not have any standard shell.
- Deadfish x is a superset of the XKCD variant of Deadfish.
- Feta has only one instruction,that prints a message
- huh? doesn't understand what you want it to do.
- huh?++ takes misunderstanding to the next level.
- IRP depends on the civility, knowledge and presence of fellow IRP programmers.
- i®™ follows a negative number of rules that Microsoft made up.
- LifeScript is a family of, sadly unimplemented, languages to describe real life activity in a text document.
- Magritte has only one legal program, which claims not to be one.
- MaybeNumericBatch Similar To Numeric Batch In Every way shape and Form except It only sometimes works :D
- Merthese produces correct output only when the random seed is right.
- Minimum is like Unlambda, but with no primitive combinators.
- mugh brains has ZOMBIES!!
- Ndef++ You have to be in the know.
- Nil translates anything into a NO-OP.
- NOT A PROGRAM is a program that apparently used to exist, but it actually doesn't.
- Not to be confused with ThisIsNotARealLanguage.
- Paranoid Programming Language (some kind of joke, for sure.)
- Parrot was a supposed collaboration between the authors of Perl and Python that was announced as an April Fools' Day prank. It later became a virtual machine intended for use with dynamic programming languages.
- PP_TIBSA has a suicidal interpreter and only one valid program.
- Quiler is a language in which all programs are Quiler compilers
- QWERTY Keyboard Dot Language is a programming language that does everything you want, but forces you to write in dots.
- Randwork is a language that does something each statement.
- Seed is a language based on random seeds.
- TURKEY BOMB.
- Unnecessary requires the non-existence of the program file to work.
- worstscript also known as sausage language, is interpreted in PHP and preferably run in a virtual machine. Has goto statements!
- and then is like BF, but with and thens!
- ASCII art
- Hello++++, which can do all basic stuff a programming language need.
- Nameless language, which looks like binary.
- Not a brainfuck derivative
- Pure BF, which explains away all side effects, making it pure.
- Revolution 9
- Triplet, which uses binary triplets to encode instructions.
- Unary, which uses the unary number system as source code.
- VerboseFuck, which makes Brainfuck verbose.
i.e., languages which make it easy to write programs used as typical examples for new languages, but little else.