In fact, Scratch is very simple, and as a person who has IQ, I definitely know how to Scratch. However, I hate it in other reasons.
- It's really slow, even much slower than Python!
- It doesn't have a console, that means, you can't objectively tell if a Scratch program is correct or not without having to look at its code.
- It doesn't have ASCII table, which means if you want to use Scratch to output the alphabet, you need a list that contains all the letters. It doesn't even have line feeds, so you can't say multiline text.
- It's hard to distribute Scratch programs, you don't want to say "Before you use this program, you must install Scratch" when distributing a Scratch program.
- It's replacable by almost any other language. It can develop graphics programs quite easily, but using Pygame or Tkinter or stuff, you can created a more decent graphics program although you need more code in Python.
- It has completely no access to the filesystem. You might say, languages like brainfuck don't have access to filesystem either. But what if you pipe the output of brainfuck to a file!
- It has nothing special. Even brainfuck has something special, which is the fact that it inspired a lot of other esolangs.
- It has no use for showing your intellegence, even brainfuck can be used to prove that you're a smart person.
Despite the disadvantages above, I think Scratch is OK. But these disadvantages of course shows that Scratch is dumber and more useless than at least 90% of languages. And it is obviously dumber than brainfuck --None1 (talk) 12:37, 25 August 2023 (UTC)
To be clarified about dislike of Scratch
I think it is OK for others to write Scratch programs, it is even OK for someone to like Scratch. But my dislike is only the language itself. Although Scratch is pretty useless in general use, it is still Turing complete because you can write a console-free brainfuck interpreter in it. It (refers to my dislike of Scratch) might be confusing XD. --None1 (talk) 12:10, 25 August 2023 (UTC)
The "useless and idiotic" in my user page only means that Scratch is "useless and idiotic" in general use (like writing tools). But for fun or implementing very simple esolangs (like Nil), it isn't. So it's useless and idiotic after all. --None1 (talk) 12:19, 25 August 2023 (UTC)
Note: I dislike Ruby more than Scratch, as it would be hard for me to understand Ruby programs.
Temporary images to be transcribed
Could you help me? Are you able to access Deviant Art? I would like you to help upload the images from the links at the bottom of the "gallifreyan.info" main page to the "neography.miraheze.org" wiki website. I will then have the users on the wiki website work on transcribing the images. In the future I may ask you for more images, but that was what they currently want. Periotun (talk) 14:00, 25 August 2023 (UTC)
None1, there's a Deadfish derivative now.
A message to you
Hi None1, I wanted to create 3 bits, 3 bytes first but you beat me to it. I understand that a lot of people would think of that idea after seeing 2 bits, 1 byte. Because I can't make 3 bits, 3 bytes first now, can I please make 4 bits, 8 bytes first? --TheBigH (talk) 20:02, 20 October 2023 (UTC)