Requesting to install Extension:Math to this wiki
Usage examples: to explain how lambda calculus works, using TeX-style mathematical expression, what features () has, and use TeX-style equations everywhere.--YamTokTpaFa (talk) 08:04, 19 September 2019 (UTC)
- It's been on the TODO list, though looks like the landscape has changed since I last looked at this.
- I can't really tell if the current documentation implies it's okay for anyone to use Wikipedia's Mathoid server, or whether you have to run your own. The bit where (for the Mathoid CLI setup) it says "Raise MediaWiki's memory limit to 1.2G" makes me a little worried about running it locally. The MathJax client-side option (which I thought about using, previously) is now deprecated, though there's Extension:SimpleMathJax instead.
- If it's okay to use Wikipedia's API, or if Extension:SimpleMathJax seems sufficient, then I could probably set that up during the next MediaWiki upgrade. --fizzie (talk) 09:18, 19 September 2019 (UTC)
Request to change my username
Edits by User:Heavpoot
- Doesn't really matter. The edits to Esolang:About and Main Page (, ) are offensive enough. If they're planning to do any edits that don't involve defacing existing content in the near future (we don't have a high bar on quality, but there's still limits), let me know, and we'll see if I can figure out how to unblock someone. Otherwise the block will just expire on its own. --fizzie (talk) 20:59, 23 July 2020 (UTC)
An error occurred when I tried to edit my talk page
Warning: You are recreating a page that was previously deleted.
You should consider whether it is appropriate to continue editing this page. The deletion and move log for this page are provided here for convenience:
02:52, 15 March 2021 Fizzie talk contribs deleted page User talk:ColorfulGalaxy (Vandalism: cleaning up after Trump Bot)
- I take it that's just a warning? If so, please ignore it and feel free to create your talk page. Yes, as the message suggests, there was some nonsense posted there by the now blocked User:Trump Bot. Unless I read the history wrong, the page did not exist before those edits, so I took the liberty of just deleting it to clean them up. Do let me know if that message is actually preventing you from creating the page; I think it shouldn't. --fizzie (talk) 23:16, 20 March 2021 (UTC)