Interested in non-Latin / ancient script based esolangs. Gödel numbering. String and graph rewriting. Quantum computing. Physical and analog computing models. Preserving links and data via the Wayback machine and this Template:Wayback.
Favourite languages Deadfish, +-, Юᓂ곧⎔, The Waterfall Model, Eodermdrome, قلب, Thue-Mirr, Bitwise Cyclic Tag, Malbolge, almost Thue but Slashes is probably better. There are many other interesting ones I have dabbled with, this is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
Languages I have created
- Isthmus Cyclicus Crypticus Æon Flux animated series inspired Turtle graphics cyclic tag system.
- Sticks and Stones Physical computation implemented using 3 stones. I'm trying to develop this further.
- ΙΧΘΥΣ, Deadfish + classical Greek, thematic Turing-complete Deadfish derivative https://github.com/hornc/ixqus
- ᚱᚢᚾᛅᛦ Runic fungeoid based on converting RunR into Futhark, because that language name looks like a near/false declension of the Old Norse word for "Rune"
- A-DU, Linear A balance ledgers as code.
- Brainfoctal, and exploring Gödel numbering as a programming paradigm
- 42, a Gödel number joke language
- He110!, Joke celluar automata and Manchester encoding, hehe! May actually have some interesting potential.
- L.H.O.O.Q., another (esoteric) joke language, with complex maths, and images
- Grime MC, exploring algorithms using genre specific lyrics and Pseudonatural language
- Analog Synth, a very silly simple language conversion from another joke in order to create a multi-interpreter for two languages in ΙΧΘΥΣ
Not yet baked
- Many in progress ideas... I should just write them up properly.
Code for languages created by others
- Юᓂ곧⎔ compiler toolchain
- APLBAONWSJAS Joke interpreter and intelligent assistant
- Thue-Mirr interpreter
- Repo of Eodermdrome examples, including a +-= interpreter. I also have a fork of the Python interpreter where I have added some minor new features from the spec.
- I'm pleased with:
- Various truth-machines and other things scattered around on this wiki.
- Verbosus: Translate Verbose into Latin, because Roman numerals. Decidedly not Non-Latin, but historical.
- An esolang using the early geometric cave drawing symbols from the work of Genevieve von Petzinger for the ultimate earliest in human symbolic representation (Don't think these are in Unicode). (~40,000 BP)
- An Enochian based language (not representable in Unicode!). To be done properly, it should make use of: the Enochian tablets for some kind of operations, Enochian Gematria, be in keeping with the theme and philosophy of Dr. Johannes Dee, and furthermore contain references to early ciphers and the possibility that Enochian was used for international espionage, and make use of modern statistical analysis of the language and tablets. Should probably be a high level language, or at least use meaningful keywords since there exists a decent Enochian dictionary with many concepts that could be used for computation. It SHOULD NOT be called 'Enochian', rather it should have a meaningful title in the language. GEDCOMSELHAH may be translatable as 'esolang'? (1580s, or pre-humanity, depending on belief/credulity)