Picofuck (PF) is the set of 2 command, simple translations of Reversible Bitfuck (RBF). It is not currently known if any PF languages exist. However, it is known that 3 command, simple translations of RBF exist (see Nanofuck). See the talk page for current action.
The Picofuck project is a community driven effort to discover or disprove the existence of PF languages. It was initiated by User:Orby in March of 2017. The main objectives of the project are (in order of priority)
- Prove or disprove the existence of PF languages.
- If PF languages are found to exist, discover an example.
- Determine the minimum length of a PF language and enumerate all PF languages of that length.
- Write an interpreter for a PF language.
- Write a program that will take a PF program and produce its inverse.
No PF languages have been discovered at this time. When they are discovered, or proven not to exist, constructive examples or proof of non-existence will be provided here. PF languages will be titled PF0, PF1, etc. in the order in which they are discovered. See the talk page for candidate languages.
Length of a PF language
The length of a PF language is defined as the sum of the number of commands in RBF to which each PF command translates. For example, if the PF command [ translates to the 3 RBF commands *(> and the PF command ] translates to the 4 RBF commands )*(>) then the length of the PF language is 3 + 4 = 7.