|Major implementations||AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaEEEEEEEaaaaaaaaaaaa Source|
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaEEEEEEEaaaaaaaaaaaa is a joke programming language created by User:Linker-Error. It consists of a 999 character program and a 26 byte memory tape. Each byte in the 26 byte tape can be referred to individually by an instruction.
- Capital Letter: Increments tape[letter]
- Lowercase Letter: Decrements tape[letter]
Let a represent the second character of the command, whatever it is.
- `a: Take single-character input and store it in tape[a].
- _a: Output the ascii value of tape[a].
- ^a: If tape[a] is equal to zero jump to another part of the program in some sort of orderly fashion that User:Linker-Error has forgotten the details to, and definitely hasn't just had that system malfunction and been to lazy to fix it.
Funny (Totally Intended) Quirks
- After the execution of a multi-character instruction, the second character will still be interpreted as a single-character instruction.
- If a single-character instruction isn't a letter and has an ASCII value greater than 122, it will write to a location out of bounds of the memory tape.
- If a program is longer than 999 characters it will lead to undefined behaviour with (and possibly crashing of) the interpreter.
- "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaEEEEEEEaaaaaaaaaaaa" is a valid program in AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaEEEEEEEaaaaaaaaaaaa that will not lead to undefined behaviour but will do nothing.
- In the process of programming the interpreter, User:Linker-Error's finger slipped and they deleted all unneccessary whitespace, renamed all the variables to one character names, defined a macro that set "E" to be interpreted as "else if" in the compiler. Doing so, User:Linker-Error accidentally obfuscated their code.
Hello World Program
The following produces a Hello World program in AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaEEEEEEEaaaaaaaaaaaa: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK_A_B_C_D_E_F_G_H_I_J_K"