TLOWScript is a programming language designed to meet the following criteria:
- All programs in TLOWScript must start with
This is TLOWScript, otherwise the interpreter/compiler will output
NotTLOWExceptionfollowed by a line break, then exit.
- All non-alphanumeric/whitespace characters are ignored by the TLOWScript interpreter/compiler.
- Contains an integer datatype of at least 64 bits.
- Ability to multiply, add, subtract and integer divide two values and store the output somewhere.
- Storage of at least 3 values.
- Ability to copy values from one variable/register to another variable/register without affecting anything else.
- Ability to print any integer storable by the integer datatype.
- Ability to print any alphanumeric character.
- Everything in the interpreter except for the main function definition, reading a command line argument, and reading the file must be accomplished in 10 lines or less.
- Contains arbitrary conditionals or equivalent
- Contains some form of goto/loop/recursion
The criteria was created by User:hanss314 for his ongoing TLOW (: Ten Lines Of Wisdom) competition, to be found on Discord here. Contestants were required to submit an interpreter for TLOWScript, which was then tested before a voting process started among all members of the Discord server the competition was/is run on. The implementation of TLOWScript submitted by user Milo Jacquet won and was therefore crowned TLOWScript.
Official Interpreter: https://github.com/hanss314/TLOW/blob/master/R6Revealed/milo/response.py
Official Documentation: https://github.com/hanss314/TLOW/blob/master/R6Revealed/milo/docs.txt