Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nybbleist is an esoteric programming language created by User:Zzo38 in 2006, where the only data type is a nybble.
There is a list of nybbles acting as both a stack and queue at the same time, and 2 variables X and Y that can store 1 nybble each.
- n = a nybble 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F or a variable X,Y. If you put multiple nybbles after a * or ! command, the command is executed once for each nybble in order.
- v = a variable X or Y.
- l = a label name consisting of one or more nybbles (some can be X or Y).
- d = a (definition) label name consisting of one or more nybbles, but no X or Y.
- *n Push/enqueue value n onto/in the stack/queue.
- <v Dequeue a nybble from the queue and store it in variable v.
- >v Pop a nybble from the stack and store it in variable v.
- ?v Input a nybble and store it in variable v.
- !n Output the nybble n.
- @ End execution.
- :d Define the label d.
- #l Jump to a label. If you jump to a label that doesn't exist, it is an error.
- %l Jump to a label, only if the stack/queue is empty.
- +vn Add nybble n to the value of variable v (discarding all unused bits).
- -vn Subtract nybble n from the value of variable v (discarding all unused bits).
- ^vn XOR nybble n to the value of variable v.
- &vn NAND nybble n to the value of variable v.
- [ ] Perform the commands inside the brackets using a new stack/queue, starting as empty. (The old stack/queue is restored at the end.) You may not jump into or out of a set of brackets.
- [ ]d You may put a label name at the end of a set of brackets. A jump to the label acts as a subroutine, returning after executing the commands inside the brackets.
- | (Inside a set of brackets) Replace the stack/queue with what it was just before the end of the previous execution of this set of brackets.
- $ Swap variables X and Y.
- ~vl Divide value of v by 2, if remainder then goto label l.
Copy input to output:
Input a character output character before it in ASCII set:
?X?Y-Y1#Y :0:1:2:3:4:5:6:7:8:9:A:B:C:D:E!XY@ :F-X1!XY@
Another shorter example to do the same as previous one: