Minimal is an esoteric programming language developed by Alegend on August 10, 2009. User:Madk wrote an interpreter in July of 2010. It only consists of 7 commands.
- < Move the data pointer left.
- > Move the data pointer right.
- + Add to the value in the data pointer.
- - Subtract from the value in the data pointer.
- . Outputs the value in the data pointer.
- , Asks for input from the user.
- / Skips next instruction if the data pointer is set to 0.
The author designed it to be minimal, but Turing-complete. However, it is not, because it lacks useful conditional execution or loops; every program will always halt, each instruction having been executed at most once.